Disability Energy Support
We offer free energy advice to disabled households, supporting disabled people to manage their energy needs.
The service is open to:
- any disabled person or households where 1 or more disabled people live, and
- those households are in England or Wales
Support with your energy needs
Our expert energy advisers can help and talk you through a wide range of topics related to your energy needs, including:
- managing energy debt
- switching tariffs or supplier
- changing your meter
- energy efficiency
- accessing energy benefits, grants and trusts
- contacting or complaining to your supplier
- understanding your gas or electricity bills
- understanding how to use your heating systems
You will get a telephone appointment with an energy adviser that will last up to 45 minutes. During this appointment you will get information and advice specific to your needs. Your adviser will arrange any follow up appointments, if needed.
To get the most out of your appointment, please try to give your adviser as much detail as possible. You should have pen and paper for taking notes and the following information easily available:
- your most recent gas or electricity bill
- an up to date meter reading, if possible
- details of any missed payments or arrears
- details of any payment plans agreed with your energy supplier
Personalised action plans
You will also get support through a personalised action plan, setting out steps for you to take to resolve the problem. This may include contacting other services for additional advice and support.
Further debt or benefits advice
If our adviser believes you could be entitled to further benefits or need advice on managing debt not related to energy, they will point you to other services that can help you.
We can make adjustments, such as:
If you have questions about accessing the service, please get in touch.
Office opening times
We are open Monday to Friday from 8am to 8pm.
Delivered in partnership
Disability Energy Support is delivered in partnership with Agility Eco.
Energy Redress Scheme funded
This service is funded by the Energy Redress Scheme set up by the Energy Saving Trust.