Disability Energy Support
We offer free energy and water advice to disabled people, helping them to manage their energy and water needs.
The service is open to:
- any disabled person or households where 1 or more disabled people live, and
- those households are in England or Wales
Support with your energy and water needs
Our expert advisers can help and talk you through a wide range of topics related to your energy and water needs, including:
- managing energy and water debt
- changing your meter
- energy and water efficiency
- accessing benefits, grants, and trusts
- free fuel vouchers (conditions apply)
- contacting or complaining to your supplier
- understanding your gas and electricity bills
- understanding how to use your heating systems
- support registering with the Priority Services Register
Applying for energy and water support
You can receive advice by email or through a telephone appointment.
During your application you will be asked about the type of support you need. Here you can choose how you would like to receive your advice.
Once your application is completed, you will get an email with tailored advice. You should receive this within 10 working days.
You will get a telephone appointment with an energy adviser that will last up to 45 minutes. During this appointment you will get information and advice specific to your needs.
Your adviser will arrange any follow up appointments, if needed.
To get the most out of your appointment, please try to give your adviser as much detail as possible. You should have pen and paper for taking notes and the following information easily available:
- your most recent gas or electricity bill
- an up to date meter reading, if possible
- details of any missed payments or arrears
- details of any payment plans agreed with your energy supplier
Personalised action plans
You will also get support through a personalised action plan, setting out steps for you to take to resolve the problem. This may include contacting other services for additional advice and support.
You can also look at our online advice and support for help with:
If our adviser believes you could be entitled to further benefits or need advice on managing debt not related to energy. They will point you to other services that can help you.
We can make adjustments, such as:
If you have questions about accessing the service, please get in touch.
Office opening times
We are open Monday to Friday from 8am to 8pm.
Energy Redress Scheme funded
This service is funded by the Energy Redress Scheme set up by the Energy Saving Trust. And supported by UK Power Networks, SGN and Anglian Water.