Easy and effective ways to help boost your charity fundraising efforts for Scope.
Create your own online giving page at JustGiving.
Using JustGiving makes it easy for friends and family to sponsor you. Just send them a link to your page, and all the money they give comes straight to us.
Things to include in your online giving page:
- what you're doing
- a target amount
- a paragraph about why you're fundraising for Scope, to personalise your appeal. The more detail the better
- photos, including a picture of yourself, maybe while training for your challenge or with Scope branding. Fundraisers with photos raise 14% more on average.
Tell people what you’re doing on social media, and each share could raise more money.
- Post on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, or even just put your JustGiving link in your page's profile, bio or status.
- Write a blog to update your family and friends.
- Send your link to your contacts via WhatsApp.
- Snapchat your training story.
If your sponsors are UK taxpayers, Scope can claim an extra 25p more for every £1 you raise. Ask them to tick the Gift Aid box when sponsoring you online, or let us know and we'll take care of it.
Some companies offer to match charity donations up to a certain amount. If you're an employee, ask if yours does!
Shout about what you’re doing to the local press. They are always on the lookout for stories, especially something readers can relate to, like your family's personal experience or a triumph over adversity.
Tips on working with the press:
- We have written a template press release for your event (PDF, 68KB). Copy and paste the text into your own document, then fill in the blanks and send it to journalists on your local papers and radio stations.
- Send some good quality digital photos with your press release to dramatically improve the chance of them covering your story.
- Choose photos which tell a story, for example you in your Scope running vest or cycling shirt.
- Make sure photo file sizes are not too small, and that pictures are clear and not blurred.
- You can find contact details on newspaper or radio websites or in the newspaper itself.
Send an email out to family, friends, colleagues and neighbours telling them about your event. Encourage them to donate, share your fundraising page and come along to the event.
Add your fundraising page link to your email signature so everyone you email sees it.
Make it unique and creative
People are more likely to sponsor you for something unique and creative. Set yourself a challenge if you reach a fundraising mile stone, like 'if I reach £1000, I'll wear fancy dress to work'.
We have lots of fundraising materials we can send you, including:
- collection tins
- sponsorship forms
- general fundraising guide and specific how-to fundraising guides for different types of event (like bake sales)
Remember to get in touch with us as soon as possible to give us plenty of time to get all the materials you need.
Ways to pay the money you raise
Send cheques to:
Here East Press Centre
14 East Bay Lane
For bank transfer details email firstname.lastname@example.org
Other ways to give the money you raise to Scope